Monday, August 6, 2012

Crock-Pot Meatloaf

My BFF made this delicious, simple, perfect meatloaf recipe for Dane's birthday dinner a few weeks ago.  She was sweet enough to email it to me and I made it this past Saturday for dinner.  It's easy and makes the house smell like you've been slaving away all day.  Best news of all?  It's cooked in the Crock-Pot.  Here it is below:


Meatloaf
2 beaten eggs
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian seasoned)
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1.5 lbs ground beef

Sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp mustard

Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion powder, salt, beef.  Mix well and shape to fit bottom of crock pot. Cook on low 5 or 6 hrs.  Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl.  Pour over meat.  Cover and cook on high 15 min.

The only thing I'd do differently next time would be to cut about a third (maybe even half) of the added salt out of the recipe.  It was great, but I just don't think Dane needs that much salt.  I might also double the sauce next time because it is just.that.good.  Mmmm.  And I don't even love meatloaf.

Thanks, Jamie!

2 comments:

  1. I have a meatloaf recipe that I like, but... CROCKPOT meatloaf?? This, I will have to try. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete