Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Like Mother Like Son

I belch like a man.  I don't do it in public, but anyone who knows me has probably heard it and wished they hadn't.  My mom always says "I thought I raised a lady" every time she hears it and my dad says something along the lines of "righteous".  I'm proud and ashamed at the same time.  Maybe a better way to explain it is that I'm ashamed that I'm so proud of this ability.

I taught Dane to stick green beans in his nose one night at dinner.  Not exactly just for the heck of it, but it did get him to eat his veggies that night.

I recently told Dane to say "Daddy, suck it" and he willingly repeated it.  Jonathan's reaction was worth the fact that we had to send Mommy to time out to show Dane that wasn't appropriate language.

The point of all this is to tell you that Jonathan is terrified that no one is going to believe that when Dane does this crap at school, it was Mommy who taught him.  So I guess this is me letting you off the hook, baby.  It's out there in the world.  When he gets sent to the principal's office for teaching the other kids how to burp, they'll know it's my fault.

In related news, Dane called the cat a "turd" the other night.  I wonder where he heard that.

No comments:

Post a Comment