Friday, February 17, 2012

First Post!

Original title for this post, right?  I just wanted to let potential readers know what they were in for and unfortunately, I didn't inherit my mother's creative gene.  (She's really amazing at everything she tries.  It's ridiculous.)

In 2006, a close friend married my husband, Jonathan, and I near the Georgia coast.  The wedding was supposed to be at a park, followed by a country club reception, but due to torrential rains the ceremony was moved inside to the reception site.  When I say torrential rains, this is no exaggeration.  I have never and hope to never again see rain like this.  Sideways rain, rain in Biblical proportions.  It was incredible.  We crammed into the lobby of the country club, wedding participants on the landing and guests below us, standing room only.  It was very intimate (even with 100+ guests) and turned out better than anything I could have planned.

The ceremony was a whopping 12 minutes long, just the way we wanted it.  Lucas, aforementioned friend and officiant, was the best person we could have picked for the job.  We gave him a few Bible verses that we wanted and let him run with the rest of it.  One of the things he said that still sticks with me is "I believe that Love came when Love was ready."  So that's why I decided to name this blog "When Love Came."  It's our love story - not just mine and Jonathan's, but Dane's as well.  Just as Jonathan and I had quite the thorny path finding our way to one another, finding our sweet boy through infertility had its share of heartache.  We are so blessed that love did come to us, in so very many ways.  This is our love story.  We're living it every day.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that made me tear up :) I remember your precious wedding. Perfect words from Lucas. I love you! -Amy

    ReplyDelete