Monday, May 7, 2012

Family Photos (finally!)

Sorry it's been a while!  We just got back from a much needed short vacation.  (I'll be posting about that later.)

Yesterday we had our long-awaited photo shoot with Jessica of {two chics} photography.  If you aren't familiar with their work, you really should check them out.  Jessica brought along her sweet husband to make crazy noises and faces for Dane so that she could capture his precious smile.  Dane took a bit to warm up, but once we broke out the animal cookies, he was all in!

I was pretty nervous about the shoot.  To say I am not photogenic would be an understatement.  I tend to look like I smelled a fart in every photo, especially when it's hot.  And it was, even at 8am.  Fortunately, Jonathan is one of the most photogenic people I know.  I knew Jessica would make us look fantastic, and I was certain that Dane would be adorable no matter what.  I did make a minor boo-boo a week ago with Dane's haircut.  I decided to to use the taper guard on the clippers instead of just blending with different size guards like I normally do.  Oops.  It looked like an animal had gnawed off a couple chunks of hair above his ears for a few days.  I don't think it's noticeable in any of the photos I've seen so far.

Speaking of.... here are our "sneak peeks" from the shoot!  I love them.  I think they capture the way we feel about one another and how love finally did come to us in so many ways.  (Also, notice the new header photo is also from {two chics}!





No comments:

Post a Comment