Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Car Seat Nazi

Those of you who know me are well aware that I am a car seat nazi.  It takes every part of my being not to tell strangers I come across that their child is not even close to being buckled into his or her car seat appropriately.  Up to this point, I have been able to restrain myself.  However, once I achieve my goal of becoming a "Certified Car Seat Nazi," better known as Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Technician, I might feel more inclined to speak up.

For about a year now, I have really wanted to take the CPS Tech certification course.  Everything finally lined up and I'm actually registered to take a class in September!  I am beyond excited.  I know that it's super nerdy and more than slightly psychotic that I am obsessed with car seat safety.  I do hope that you'll feel free to ask me to inspect your car seat once I'm "official!"  Shout out to my friend Beth, who encouraged me to do this; also to my boss, Stacey, who is kindly giving me the days off to take this course and believes (as I do) that it will be very valuable in our field!

No comments:

Post a Comment