Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Family Favorite: Mexican Roast

My mother taught me this recipe.  I'm not sure if it's her own or some version she came up with when inspired by a recipe.  We love it and I hope you will too!  

Mexican Roast
3 bell peppers (any assortment of colors, I like to use at least 2 different varieties)
1 large onion
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
1 2 lb (approx) beef roast

Chop bell peppers and onion into large chunks.  Place in crock pot.  Seer the roast over high heat, ensuring that you get all sides (even the funky little edge pieces).  Place on top of the onion and peppers.  Pour the cans of Rotel (undrained) over the roast.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

We serve ours in tortillas with lettuce, tomato, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, beans... THE WORKS!

If you try this recipe, let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment