Sunday, March 11, 2012

Super Duper Weekend

Sorry it's been a week since I blogged.  We've been so wonderfully busy just being a family lately.  This weekend was so fantastic that it was almost surreal.  The weather has been a-maz-ing, Dane has only had one time-out all weekend, and I got to go out with the girls last night!

We played with bubbles on the back porch, had a parade through the house, sang silly songs, and went to the park.  This weekend felt like a snapshot from Parents Magazine.  This is how I envisioned parenting.  I've been in this game long enough to know that this isn't how it will always be, nor is it even typical, but I'm trying to savor these moments as the come.  Dane even handled the time change like a champ!  And oh -- the weather!! The weather was icing on the cake!

Seriously, this weather makes me so excited for our upcoming mini-vacation with BFF and her family.  We're going to Amelia Island, one of my favorite places in the whole world.  I cannot wait to see how much fun the boys are going to have running in the surf and playing in the sand together!

We're prepping to potty train Dane.  Right now, all this means is that there is a lot of pee pee/poo poo talk around my house, tiny undies washed and ready to go, and lots of research on the part of mom and dad.  Well.  Just mom.  But I'm ok with that.  Those who know me also know that I love research.  And the internet makes this oh so simple.  (How did our parents ever raise us?  I'm only partly kidding.)  We hope to start the official "no more diapers" business sometime in May.  We think it will help his sensitive and rash-prone booty to not have to go through the entire sweltering Southern summer in diapers.

Dinner with BFF and Erin (one of the fantastic girls I have met through infertility) was so great.  There is never enough time to catch up with good friends, and when all three of us had a child within 9 months of one another, it just gets harder.

I'm going to try to write at least two posts per week in the future, but I make no promises.

I hope all my Southern friends enjoyed the weather before it gets too hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment